Monday, June 2, 2014

Pink + Orange


Wise words this month from my planner inspired today's outfit: "Orange Looks Chic With Pink." This combo is such a bright summery color scheme and although it is an often unexpected combination it certainly can be quite chic!

I paired this orange tee, which already has light pink lace accents of its own, with some bold pink polk-dotted shorts and bright coral earrings for an effortless hot-June-weather look. Putting together this outfit pushed me outside of my norm a bit, but I love the results! Sometimes trying something new can remind us of how much fun getting dressed can be, and I hope to continue exploring this orange + pink palette through the summer, and maybe try other bold combinations too!

I bought these pink polka-dotted shorts on sale over Memorial Day Weekend, and I was a little afraid they were too bold, with the dramatic scalloped pockets, but I've been loving them. The color and the polka dots are so "me" and they even look cute matched with more bright saturated colors, don't they?


Planner: Jonathan Adler. Top: Guess (old). Shorts: J. Crew. Earrings: Kate Spade. Clutch: Spool No.72. Sandals: Sam Edelman. Bracelet: Kate Spade, similar.







-CC


2 comments: