Friday, September 12, 2014

Fashion Week, NYC


I managed to get down to the Lincoln Center on Wednesday, where all the Fashion Week buzz is going on, and had a fun few hours just taking in the scene, people watching, and snapping pics of the amazing street-style seen at NYFW. I decided that if I was going to go hang out with the NYFW crowd I might as well look the part, so I put on my best Fashion Week outfit and grabbed my camera before heading down town. I wore this gorgeous Alice + Olivia frothy white dress with a grey leopard cardigan, pearly necklace, and heels. I have been dying to have a chance to wear this dress, because I think it is so gorgeous with the slightly poufed skirt and crinkly white organza. Leave it to New York to supply me with the perfect excuse! 

I have been following along with all of my favorite bloggers as they experience Fashion Week, and I have noticed the trend of high necklines and button-ups buttoned all the way to the top. So many fashion bloggers here for the event have been wearing this look to the shows (and of course blogging about it)! So, I decided to try out the trend myself and I buttoned my cardigan all the way up, despite the temps, and layered a necklace. To keep the look feminine I tied the cardi up at the waist, which also showed off the full skirt. I think I like this thing called Fashion Week! 

Check back next week for highlights of the street-style looks that I saw outside the shows!! There were some pretty amazing outfits, and interesting people.  


Dress: Alice + Olivia (thrifted, similar, skirt). Cardigan: Old Navy. Necklace: J. Crew Factory. Heels: Vince Camuto (similar, similar). Bag: Ruche (similar, similar). Bracelet: Brandy Melville. Nails: Butter London, Sprog.







(intently staring at something, haha)

xoxo, CC

No comments:

Post a Comment