Monday, February 16, 2015

I Wish


This is what I would have worn to February Fashion Week if I were cool enough to get into a show (lol). Layers make it easier to stand the frigid temps, and serious booties keep my feet from freezing as I navigate snowbanks. I went with a neutral palette incorporating shades of light brown, and then added a pop with a statement necklace. I have been wearing a lot of neutrals lately for some reason, I guess they're comforting and warming when it's this freezing. These cognac colored booties are adorable and high heeled, yet extremely functional too with their hiking-boot soles. 

I think the key to surviving February Fashion Week is to have a statement making coat to keep you warm without sacrificing style. That's something I think I'll need to invest in! A double layered wrap-scarf did help to keep me from freezing though!

If my hair looks like a mess, that's because it was SO WINDY and ridiculously cold. Also, the buildings behind me are totally stealing the show… I honestly didn't even check to see if my photos were coming out ok, I just took them as fast as possible and ran to warm up again! brrrr!


Scarf: Donni Charm. Sweater: Soft Joie (similar). Shirt: Club Monaco thrifted. Jeans: H&M. Booties: Ralph Lauren (1/2). Necklace: Ruche (love this). Earmuffs: Century 21. Lipstick: BareMinerals 'galato'







xoxo, CC

No comments:

Post a Comment