Monday, December 21, 2015

Holiday Outfit: Leather and Sparkle


It used to always baffle me that people considered black a holiday color for wearing to parties this time of year. To me 'festive' has always meant color and sparkle, but I can see now that black can be a very elegant color suitable for parties and events. To me it still needs a bit of sparkle and fun (like leather, beading, and gold accessories) to be holiday-ready, but I thought I would give it a try.

I wore this look to a holiday toy drive party at work over the weekend. I created a festive vibe by pairing a black top with a sparkling beaded neckline with a faux leather skirt fit for a party. I added dotted tights and tall boots to break up the black-on-black and add a touch of texture and pattern without overwhelming the look. Each of these pieces is a little bold but since they are all the same color they meld seamlessly into a unified outfit. I topped it all off with my festive gift bow earrings for a touch of sparkle and a nod to all the toys donated that will soon be wrapped up in paper & bows for children in need.

Champagne and treats at the event

If you're looking for more holiday outfit inspiration I've compiled a few looks with a bit of a twist. While I love a good classic party dress (and in fact I wore one to the holiday party my roommates and I hosted the other week) I've had my eye out for looks with a little bit more of a unique and bold feel that still fit the holiday theme.
Which of these is your favorite?
(images via Pinterest)

 Top: Old Navy (1/2). Skirt: H&M. Tights: similar. Earrings: Kate Spade. Lipstick: Bare Minerals "Risk It All."


xoxo, CC

No comments:

Post a Comment