Thursday, January 5, 2017

Pink Ruffles


Happy New Year to everyone!

I know this look is a little past it's prime season by now, however I just had to share these photos I shot this fall featuring this fun ruffle sweater. I've worn the sweater more recently as well with high rise jeans (it's pretty cropped) but this look could still be pulled off with a pair of black tights and booties over here on the east coast. And for those of you lucky enough to live somewhere warm: I am jealous.

I bought this sweater with the idea that I would wear it during my trip to Milan, but it ended up being too chilly to style it with bare legs and this skirt as I had planned. The sweater was also included in my capsule wardrobe a while back and I kept with the same color scheme here in this outfit, using the taupe clutch and a black skirt to round out the look. I love the statement sleeves on this vibrant sweater so I wanted a skirt that would compliment the bold look without getting overshadowed but neither competing. A simple black skirt with buttons up the front fit the bill for statement simplicity. Ruffles have been back on trend this year and I just adore how big and bold these sleeves take the trend. They are so fun to flounce around in, it's bound to be a good time wearing this sweater!

I also love the way the button latching this clutch echoes the buttons on the skirt. Little details that bring it all together are what make an outfit really appealing and special. Altogether the outfit is sassy and sweet with details that speak to my personal style and also the current trends.


Sweater: Asos (similar 1/2/3). Skirt: mint, similar also 1/2. Clutch: similar style 1/2. Watch: kate spade 1/2. Ring: similar. Nails: Sephora by OPI, similar 1/2.







xoxo, CC

1 comment:

  1. First of all,I was very hesitant to buy online and was skeptical after purchasing as I had read positive reviews online.But when I received this dress lace peplum dress, it did not let me disappointed.

    ReplyDelete