Saturday, December 31, 2016

California Christmas


Happy New Year from California! I realize I haven't blogged in a few weeks (whoops!), but now I am on vacation for the holidays so I thought I would share a few quick recent pics. I flew out to California to spend the holidays with my family and we have been exploring around the area the past few days. It has been sunny here with a slight chill, although infinitely warmer than New York, allowing me to get away with lighter jackets and dresses than I am used to this time of year!

We trekked out to Picchetti winery for a wine tasting at one of the oldest wineries in the state and then had a picnic lunch overlooking the nearby reservoir. I wore this pretty snake print boho dress in shades of pink and purple layered with my cozy pink cardigan for an extra bit of warmth. Tights and booties were necessary, but so were sunglasses! These round lenses are actually a dream to wear since they don't impede my line of vision, but they're also super cute in a retro-glam sort of way. The sunshine felt warm and invigorating but it was definitely nice to have a cozy layer sitting beside the breezy reservoir for lunch.

On the way back from the winery we stopped at the Stanford University Cantor art museum for a quick stroll through a few of their exhibits before closing time. The contemporary section was filled with brightly colored canvasses, which always draw my eye!


Dress: Anthropologie. Cardigan: Ruche (available in beige). Bag: Rebecca Minkoff. Sunglasses: Anthropologie.



Artwork by Dashiell Manley, an "Elegy for whatever" piece.


xoxo, CC

No comments:

Post a Comment