Friday, October 3, 2014

Fall Essentials 2014

Now that October is here, fall is really getting underway. My Fall Essentials list for 2014 is full of pretty earthy tones, cozy layers, and fun accessories. Some of the things on this list are ones that I've recently purchased in anticipation of these crisp days, and some are my wishlist items for the season. But, they're all basics you may already have in your closet! All in all this list comprises my top picks and essentials for a cozy, practical, and fashionable fall. Fall is not my favorite season, but I can't say I don't get excited about shopping for and then wearing cozy sweaters, cute booties, and cool jackets.

I have been wanting a good quality leather jacket for some time, and I really love the way that lighter colors such as blush, tan, and pale pink soften the edginess of the biker style. It also helps to keep the color palette light, since the trendy tones tend to get darker as we get closer to winter. Pretty jewel tones and light neutrals are my other favorite colors for this time of year. I am so in love with the deep jewel blue color of the new Rebecca Minkoff bags. The beauty pictured below is definitely on my wishlist…

Layers are important in this transitional weather, as it can be quite cold in the morning, and warm up during the day, and the temps can be so different even from one day to the next. Chambray shirts, cute fuzzy vests, and sweaters are the perfect layers over the skirts and tshirts we've been wearing all summer. Add a touch of shiny gold to this color palette to really make it pop. Besides an excuse to shop for new wardrobe essentials, I am also looking forward to cozying up in these outfits with a warm cup of tea and a homemade pumpkin chocolate chip muffin :) 

Fall 2014




Some more links for options:

Blush colored leather jacket: Vince Camuto at Nordstrom. Faux versions : option, option
Statement booties--how about a touch of leopard?: DSWNordstromSole SocietyPixie Market
Chambray: Rails,  J. Crew
Casual fall skirt: H&M optionoption.
Fuzzy vest: optionoptionoption
Cross-body bag in fall colors: Rebecca Minkoffoption.
Fuzzy sweater: H&M optionoptionoption
Girly, flirty sweaters: optionRuche
Shiny gold earrings: Banana Republic14k at JC Penny

xoxo, CC

No comments:

Post a Comment