Monday, October 26, 2015

Personal Style: Classic Colorful Girly


I recently started taking some online classes in fashion basics through the Parsons X Teen Vogue program. I am really excited about how much I am going to learn about the industry and hoping that that knowledge will help me advance my career. One of the projects they asked students to do was to identify your personal style and put together a look that exemplifies it. 
This is the outfit I styled, which I've titled A Playful Take on the Modern Romantic.

My friends in the city always like to remind me that wearing all black is "so New York," but even though I've moved closer in that direction since living here (see some of my city inspired mostly black looks here: 1/2/3) color will always define my personal style. Whether it be pastels or brights (or in this case, both!) I almost always have a splash of color in my outfit. Color makes me happy! And the other thing about NYC is you can wear whatever you want and it's totally acceptable. I am always playfully mixing colors and textures and incorporating patterns into my looks, and I like to remind people to not be afraid of trying something bold. Bold doesn't have to mean red lipstick or an all-over sequined dress, bold can be as simple as pairing pink with purple, or stripes with tweed.

While this overall look is sweet and girly, a few tougher details keep it from getting too over-the-top. A moto jacket, jaguar ring, and structured details on the blouse ensure that the outfit is modern and mature. Classic silhouettes and romantic details like the embroidery on the top are always going to be favorites of mine. This look feels very true to my style and lets people know who I am through my fashion styling choices.
What do you think!? Let me know in the comments :)


Top: Zara (old). Skirt: J. Crew (love these 1/2/3). Jacket: bebe. Shoes: Kate Spade (love these). Clutch: Ruche. Earrings: Gorjana. Necklace: Kate Spade. Ring: Jeanne Ruland Jewelry.





xoxo CC

2 comments: