Monday, November 2, 2015

Little Black Party Dress


It's rare that you'll find me in a LBD since I am such a fan of wearing color. However, this one has the cutest flirty silhouette that was just begging to be dressed up with a pink jacket and gold jewelry. I love the way the dark color and sweet silhouette of the dress play against the sweet color and tougher style of the jacket. 

I wore this a few weeks ago to a party, but I figured today is a pretty appropriate day to share a party look since it's my birthday!! I'm spending most of the day on an airplane to San Francisco where I am going to be vacationing for the week!! I am so excited. I've never been before and I can't wait to see the area and of course share pictures too. 

Back to the outfit at hand: with a solid black dress I wanted to add in a few eye-catching details, so I did a little print mixing by throwing in a striped clutch and camo print heels. I love the way the camo heels add a bit of an edge to the look, yet the silhouettes of all the pieces keep the vibe totally feminine and flirty. The faded tones of both prints let them work together without clashing and also without overwhelming the look, and a nude lip accentuates the sweeter notes. 

How do you like to mix prints?


Dress: Susana Monaco. Jacket: bebe. Clutch: Ruche. Heels: Naughty Monkey (similar in grey camo). Bracelets: H&M and Kate Spade





xox CC

No comments:

Post a Comment