Thursday, October 13, 2016

Fall Capsule Wardrobe


I've always been intrigued by the idea of a capsule wardrobe --especially for traveling-- so I put together this color coordinated collection of pieces that I'm excited about wearing this fall. I stuck to a mostly pink, burgundy, and taupe color scheme with a few pops of print. I included several current trends such as flare sleeves and lace-up details, as well as fall classics like faux leather and fur. A mix of textures and prints keeps the collection exciting, while most of these pieces can be mixed and matched to create a myriad of looks. With a range of shoes from heels, fun flats, or casual sneakers, I can dress these looks up or down. I made sure to include a variation of skirts, dresses, tops, and outer layers to keep the collection versatile. 

As we speak, I am packing for my trip to Milan, Italy (keep up with my adventures next week via instagram @charlotteclaraxo)! I am packing most of these items for my trip, and I love the way they are interchangeable to create different outfits. While I couldn't limit myself to stay within the capsule collection and I mixed some other pieces from my wardrobe in as well, I found it so helpful for packing to refer to a set of items that I know will match and coordinate with each other.

I have a few more posts coming soon featuring looks from this capsule collection, so look out for those, as well as posts from my adventures in Italy! 

What items would be essential to your fall capsule wardrobe? 


From L to R: bebe jacket, Francesca's collections skirt (similar), VeronicaM dress, Asos sweater 1/2, Ruche sweater dress, BB Dakota dress (similar), H&M skirt, J. Crew top, BB Dakota vest 1/2, Zara skirt, J. Crew top 1/2
similar bag, Lipsy sneakers via Asos, H&M flats, Bandolino heels.





xoxo, CC

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of a capsule wardrobe as well! I'm actually trying to sell and downsize my wardrobe at the moment. I think a striped tee is a really versatile essential for a capsule wardrobe! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete