Monday, February 26, 2018

Layered Look



A quick peek at a layered look from the other day! I've always been intrigued by the look of jeans layered over patterned tights, so on a warmish day I thought I would try out the look. I wore these sheer black tights with little scattered hearts under a pair of ripped jeans for an elegant and layered look with just a few little hearts showing through the holes in the jeans. I paired it with heeled black leather booties and cuffed my jeans at the ankles while on top a camel colored coat and plaid scarf kept me warm over a simple tie-front sweatshirt.

I like the effect of the tiny scattered hearts showing in peeks through the ripped jeans and at the ankles adding a touch of texture and pattern to a simple look. Layering creatively has always been a chic and trendy way to style outfits, especially when it's cold out and your wardrobe can start to feel a bit stale.

On this gorgeous day the other week I even got to spend a little time sitting outside in the sunshine along Central Park! I just can't wait for the weather to warm up like this permanently!

Jeans: Gap. Tights: Betsey Johnson. Booties: Steve Madden. Coat: Gap. Scarf: here.

xoxo, CC

No comments:

Post a Comment