Saturday, February 17, 2018

Morning Sun


I love weekends because it means I don't have to get up early, I can lounge in my bed as long as I want, and I get to enjoy a slow morning at home having breakfast in the morning sunlight. On a normal work day I rush around getting ready without a second to spare, and don't eat breakfast until I get to work, so a relaxing morning at home is always a welcome change. Taking my time to start the day on a positive note is always a good first step to an enjoyable day. 

I haven't done a tour of my Astoria apartment yet, but I wanted to share this pretty corner where I like to sit at breakfast sometimes. This old wooden folding table was painted a crisp white with golden faux handles to go with our apartment decor, including the gold framed mirror hanging just above it. It looks so pretty in the clear morning sunlight. As you may notice taking a look around my blog, I certainly love color... and my decor aesthetic usually involves clean white surfaces with pops of bright color and accents of gold. Even my dishes tend to be colorful and fun!

This weekend I enjoyed a bowl full of berries and a soothing tea while my coffee steeped in the french press. The only thing missing? Some pancakes to fill up my plate... :) 


Mug and dish towel: anthropologie.



xoxo, CC

No comments:

Post a Comment