Friday, June 17, 2016

Halter & Lace Ups


Photos by @tmarkova_ 

Is this halter top not the perfect boho-chic piece for summer?! I am seriously loving the print with the dynamic mix of blues and brick hues, which looks perfect with jeans or cutoffs. I love pieces that can easily go from casual to dressy with just a few accessories. I've been wearing this one as a casual top so far, but it would totally work for a night out as well. I haven't worn a halter top since I was a teenager, but the v neckline and scooped back on this one make the style a little more mature and are ideal for hot summer days. I also found the perfect necklace combo for this neckline by layering a choker and a drop charm necklace. The choker alone brought too much focus to the neck, and when I tried a long necklace it made the top seem droopy, so this mid-length combo is the perfect balance. Triangle shapes on the jewelry are repeated in the lines of the top for an intentionally coordinated look. 

These lace up sandals  (last seen here) have proven to be a good investment since I have been wearing them a ton with outfits like this one and they give me just a touch of height without being uncomfortable. They go well with bohemian looks or complete vintage inspired outfits with just a dash of a feminine feel. Plus I've been getting so many compliments on them! 


Top: VeronicaM. Jeans: Citizens. Shoes: Steve Madden. Earrings: Gorjana. Choker necklace option.





xoxo, CC

1 comment:

  1. Love this summer-chic look! Especially the delicate jewelry!
    And I know all about finding good summer shoes. I've already worn out 2 new flats and its not even officially summer yet!

    xoxo, Jennesis of Chic
    www.JennesisOfChic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete