Thursday, June 9, 2016

Rompin' Around


I think I've found the perfect romper for every occasion.....  how awesome is this navy and white printed piece? I first shared this find a few months back when I first discovered and ordered it and let me tell you, after struggling with the sizing and fit for a while, in the end I love it just as much as I anticipated! The shorts are the perfect length, not too short, and the style and print make it super easy to dress up or dress down. I've already worn this one a few times, to work with sandals and minimal jewelry, and out for celebratory drinks paired with cute wedges and a mini crossbody. 
This time I am accessorizing with a shiny gold belt to define the waist, lace up sandals and pretty pink accents. I love the way the navy is offset by a pop of blush pink. The overall look is somewhere between girly and laid back, and it's simply perfect for summer. I like how a romper is such a no-fuss and versatile outfit that requires little matching and styling, only a few easy accessories to switch up the look for any occasion. 

While I really love this romper and have gotten so many compliments on it, it was a struggle to get the right size and fit since it runs really big in the top. The top section is meant to blouse over the waistband but I found that it was just too baggy and unflattering on me to achieve the desired look. Since I am tall and have a long torso I usually go up a size in rompers, so originally I ordered a size 8 (when I normally wear a 6 at J. Crew). Well, it was enormous, so I exchanged it for a 6.... which was still way too much fabric in the upper section. The shorts on the 6 fit me perfectly (they were a little longer than on the 4) but I had to go down another size because of the baggy top. So, long story short, I ended up with a size 4 and even still the top is really baggy. I love the romper so much I decided to make it work, so I stitched it down a bit on the inside to get the look I wanted. I also found that wearing a belt with it helps it look more proportional. Anyway, all that to say that it runs big and is a lot of fabric in the top, but I just love the print and the style so much that I made it work anyway. What do you think?


Romper: J. Crew Factory (similar 1/2). Bag: French Connection. Shoes: Steve Madden via DSW. Sunnglasses: Funoc. Belt: Target. Bracelet: similar here. Rings: H&M.






xoxo, CC

2 comments:

  1. Looks really cute on you, and YAY for fitting in a size 4! Love the graphic print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There is something about this print that I'm really drawn to, I just love it!

      Delete