Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Little Orange Shift Dress


The perfect piece for summer: an easy shift dress in a sunny hue. And when it's in my favorite dress color I really couldn't resist! I know this one is going to be getting a lot of use in spring, summer and even fall. It is perfect with sandals on hot days, or a jacket and booties in cooler weather. 

I find that a shift dress looks best with a long necklace to balance out the loose fit and high neckline. Also adding a jacket or cardi breaks up the look, adds dimension, and give the silhouette more definition. I may experiment with using a belt or a statement necklace as well to mix up the looks for more variety. I love how cheerful this color is, and it definitely gives my skin a little bit of a glow!

Some contrasting nails and nude sandals complete the look for a nice walk in the park after a day at work.


Dress: Jack by BB Dakota. Denim Jacket: Gap. Necklace: American Eagle, similar. Shoes: J. Crew, similar. Earrings: Kate Spade.









xoxo, CC

No comments:

Post a Comment