Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Sweet Nothings


I know I haven't been very good at posting regularly in recent months, so I wanted to share a few snaps of what I've been up to lately. 

Little scenes around my room... I've been making an effort to get back into reading books more, so I've started bringing a book with me for my morning subway ride everyday. So far I've gone through two novels and memoir in the past few months since I decided to start reading more! I also added this sweet little faux cactus to my decor, because it was just too cute to pass up... and I'm having a little trouble keeping my real plants alive... even though they are apparently "hard to kill"... at least this one is low maintenance!  


I bought this pale grey nail polish the other day, but I wanted to spice up the look a little for Valentine's Day so I added a few teeny tiny red hearts on a few scattered nails. How did I achieve the look? With red nail polish, a toothpick, and a steady, slow and patient hand!  


I took a floral arrangement workshop last week hosted at my office by a co-worker who spent a year working as a florist. It was a fun way to spend an afternoon working on something creative and beautiful, and now, this little cutie is on my coffee table adding a touch of color and cheer to the room! I especially love the mossy green plant (I can't remember what she told us it was called) and the three deep magenta carnation buds that hadn't quite opened into a blossom.


We've had some unseasonably warm days recently, mixed in with the brutally cold, and I love any opportunity to go for a nice walk on a tolerable sunny day. I snapped this little scene on a quiet street near my office in the East Village, where I love to explore on my lunch breaks. I just love the combo of the varying shades of green and teal against the rosy bricks with a vintage lamppost to pull it all together. Little corners of New York can be so beautiful! 


How fun are these jeans?! I couldn't resist adding these to my wardrobe, especially once they went on sale ($29!) since the fun floral hem is both so trendy and so darling for spring. I totally plan on playing up the light pinks by accessorizing with a blush hued bag and pale pink tassel earrings. For now, I think I'll pair them with black booties and a black lace up sweater while the weather is still chilly. I've never worn Pilcro jeans before and I was pleasantly surprised at the stretch in the denim, and was able to fit into a size much smaller than I'd expected. It still catches me off guard sometimes how trends come back around into fashion - and these jeans totally remind me of styles I was into in my early teens that I certainly never thought I'd be wearing again! But I guess some things never change, like my love for sweet florals and styles that stand out.
Anyhow, that's a quick look at some little things that have been making me happy lately!


xoxo, CC

No comments:

Post a Comment