Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Sweetheart Tee



Ever since Amy Adams ROCKED the plunging necklines in American Hustle, (some examples here) I’ve been obsessed with deep-v tops and dresses. I know I can’t pull off anything like Amy did, but some more modest pieces like this maroon sweetheart tee and a gorgeous Esley dress from Ruche (that I can’t wait to post about soon), are creeping their way into my wardrobe. This tee in particular gives the illusion of the sexy plunge without compromising anybody's modesty. It is just sheer enough to feel daring, but still appropriate for day-to-day wear. 

I paired this top with a simple black skirt, sparkly bow belt, wedge booties and tights for a look that is equal parts sassy and sweet. A feminine clutch and pink lips top off the outfit with the perfect tones for transitional March. I am also in love with my new sunglasses from Ruche because I can never decide between black or brown sunnies and these ones are black on top and tortoise shell on the bottom! Best of both worlds! 


Top: Ruche. Skirt: H&M. Sunglasses: Ruche, out of stock. Belt: Target. Booties: DV by Dolce Vita. Clutch: Spool No. 72. Bracelets: my own creation

More deep v-neck options: herehere, here, here.


-C.C.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment