Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Up, and Down


This time of year is so exciting to me, as things begin to turn green again, the first flowers are struggling to push up through the muddy ground, and we get to start wearing colored jeans on the regular! 

After years of avoiding jeans at the Gap with memories of unflattering fits from high school on my mind, I decided to try on these mint colored jeans at the Gap last summer. I had been searching for jeans in precisely this color at a reasonable price and a comfortable fit, and was having a hard time finding a pair that checked all three boxes. Until I put these on. They fit so well, I was amazed and impressed. Now they are a favorite in my closet!! I love to wear them this time of year since they are so bright and cheery and reminiscent of the summer colors, both in nature and fashion, that we are about to see!

These photos are from two outfits I wore recently with my mint colored pants. Since the weather has been so up and down lately (imagine: 80 on Monday and back to 35 today…what is Mother Nature doing??) I have one outfit paired with a long sleeve sweater, and one with a teeshirt and Sperrys. Colored jeans are such a great transition piece--they work just as well in the fall as in the spring--since they are fun and colorful, but match well with basics and neutrals, and since long pants are best for questionable weather. What's your favorite color of jeans to wear for spring?

Also, I just wanted to mention how super duper excited I am that one of my looks was featured on the Ruche blog!! Thanks Ruche! I love their style files posts because I always find new fabulous bloggers with adorable style to follow.


Mint jeans: Gap. Sweater: Gap, similar. Booties: Ralph Lauren via TJ Maxx. Sunglasses: Steve Madden via TJ Maxx. Teeshirt: Bobi, similar here, here. Necklace: J. Crew, similar. Sperry's






xoxo, C.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment