On my recent trip to New York, despite the challenge of packing light, I had a fun time dressing casually but feeling cute for days spent walking and walking and window shopping. My tired feet forced me to purchase a pair of running sneakers on the second day, but despite my inner fashionista resisting the athletic look, sacrificing a bit of style was totally worth it so that I could keep walking and sightseeing comfortably. Luckily, my outfit was casual enough that it even looked okay. The casual cropped and stripy tee felt like perfect city-wear, especially when paired with high waisted jeans and a smart bag.
I couldn't help myself but to snap a few photos of the incredible styles and displays I spotted in stores and window fronts, so I'm sharing a few of those below. They were all very inspiring, adorable, or awe-striking to me (that inner fashionista was having a field day!), so I hope you like them too!
Tee: Splendid. Shorts: American Eagle. Sneakers: New Balance. Sunglasses: Ruche. Bag: Kate Spade. Necklace: Kate Spade. Bracelets: Kate Spade and my own creation.
1. Nanette Lepore metallic-heeled booties
2. Kate Spade notebook in the Madison Ave. store.
3. Giuseppe Zanotti heeled booties
4. Zebra Louboutins and clutch
5. Christian Louboutin storefront
5. Jack Rogers store
6. Christopher Fischer J'adore sweater at Olive & Bette's.
7. my favorite silk top in Kisan in SoHo
8. bird themed window display on Madison Ave.