Monday, November 21, 2016

Scorpio Season


Because it's the last day of Scorpio season and my birthday was earlier this month, I put together this outfit comprised almost entirely of birthday goodies; this dress was an early gift and my only purchase in Milan, the adorable Zara bag I purchased with some birthday cash, and this gorgeous matte red lipstick arrived in a birthday card from my mom. To top it all off I wore my birthstone ring!

I first saw this red bug-studded bag on Instagram and was struck by how stunning it looks! I thought for sure it would be an expensive designer piece, and was amazed and thrilled to find that it is actually only $40 at Zara! The little gold bugs all over the bag (I like to think they are bees) add an edgy yet luxe touch reminiscent of Gucci, D&G, or Fendi, and the plump square shape is simply adorable. I'm not usually drawn to red, but I had to make an exception for this exquisite statement piece. 

This time of year I love to cozy up in easy sweater dresses. I love the modern cut of this sweater dress, with a high-low hem, a loose but flattering fit, and the subtle ribbed texture. It seemed to perfectly compliment the style of my new red bag, so I amped up the red details by adding a vivacious red lip and pretty hair ribbon as well. This look just screams NYC style to me, don't you think? 


Dress: COS. Bag: Zara (also love this style). Booties: Steve Madden. Bangle: kate spade. Lip: Make Up For Ever Artist Lip Blush in #941.










xoxo, CC

6 comments:

  1. Love this look! And I agree, this look is very NYC! Obsessed with the bag!
    xoxo, Jennifer

    www.JennesisOfChic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! Gotta hear if from a New Yorker to be sure haha!

      Delete
  2. Great look on you! Love the dress and the cute bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm obsessed with them both

      Delete