Monday, November 7, 2016

Travel Diary; Venice


Ah, Venice! One of the cities on my must-visit list, and I finally made it. We hopped on a train from Milan early in the morning to arrive in Venice around noon and wander the crowded narrow streets leading to Piazza San Marco. It was truly a charming city with its narrow winding streets intertwined with canals and bridges, although it was much more touristy than I had expected! The main route to la Piazza was lined with brandname stores, souvenir shops, and overpriced restaurants. I was very intrigued by the quieter side streets and narrow alleyways, but for lack of time we did not get to explore those much. However, the scenes at each canal crossing were well worth the trip, and the Basilica San Marco itself was quite beautiful. We even took the elevator up the Campanile bell tower to see the stunning view over the rooftops of Venice. 

For this adventure I wore this awesome floral jumpsuit layered up with a moto jacket and pom-pom trimmed scarf to fight the chill in the crisp air. By dressing the jumpsuit with a sturdy black jacket and booties it transitions it nicely into a fall look, especially since the blue and rust colors already work so well with a fall palette! I got crafty a few weeks back and added the ankle zippers myself to give myself more room to move and add versatility to the piece. I was a little nervous that I would ruin a perfectly good jumpsuit, but luckily they came out great! 

The colors in Venice were stunning at every turn, from the aqua green water of the canals, to the numerous pink and faded brick buildings, to pretty white homes with colorful shutters all against a bright blue sky. It makes for awesome photo backdrops! The canals are so picturesque, especially when a gondola glides past, expertly maneuvered by it's gondolier. I'm so glad I got a chance to explore this enchanting island! 


Outfit // Jumpsuit: Asos. Jacket: Zara. Scarf: H&M. Booties: Jessica Simpson via DSW. Bag: Rebecca Minkoff. Sunglasses: Anthropologie. Earrings: Gorjana.



















xoxo, CC

3 comments:

  1. Was it serendipity that your jumpsuit colors matched the color of the sky, water, bricks, and terra cotta so perfectly? The photographs are amazing, what a lovely experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post with engaging pictures! To be honest - your post reminded me of my last trip to Venice with my spouse and kids. It's like I am reliving the moments spent in this beautiful city. I still recall that our trip was like last-minute planning and we applied for a visa by applying for an Italy tourist visa from the UK. And, gladly we got in touch with one of the reliable visa companies which got all things sorted for us without causing us any hassle.

    ReplyDelete