Thursday, February 6, 2014

Hello!


Welcome to The Little Orange Dress!

The little orange dress is a staple in my closet. As a hue that transitions seamlessly from bright colorful spring, to hot summer days, to the cooler, earthier fashion of fall, orange has more pizzazz and more cheerfulness than any black dress can muster. Orange is a color that brightens many skin tones and energizes, soothes and cheers the wearer at the same time. Orange is a color that makes people smile. Try painting your nails in a bright pumpkin, or wearing a tangerine top: every time you catch a glimpse of your fingertips or look in the mirror you might notice that it makes you feel a little happier!

Orange is a color I have always been inexplicably drawn to when I am shopping and luckily it is a color that works well on me! The trick to wearing orange is finding the right shade for your hair and skin tones. I gravitate towards lighter oranges with coral tones that are still rich in color. I usually pair my little orange dresses with gold jewelry, pearls, and aqua blue accessories. Since blue is the complimentary color to orange on an artist’s wheel, offsetting it with just a pop of cobalt or azure really lets the orange thrive.

This lovely cut-out dress is one I love to wear late summer into fall and even in winter with a cardigan and tights. Accessorized with nude heels, a sparkly statement necklace, and a faux-leather moto jacket it transitions easily from season to season. In October I wore this dress out to dinner on my mom’s birthday with a long cardigan sweater, sheer tights, and brown boots, and I can’t wait to wear it in warmer weather with heels and a bright clutch.

 I am a fervent believer in wearing what you love, being bold and trying new fashion combinations. Sometimes donning a bright daring color does just the trick to make you feel confident, courageous, and refreshed. So, next time you go to your closet, instead of reverting to your same old LBD try a bright color or a fun pattern instead. It’s amazing what a little color can do!



Dress: Modcloth, similar here, here. Heels: Steve Madden, similar. Cardigan: Gap, similar. Jacket: Pimkie, similar. Neckalce: J. Crew Factory. Bracelet: J. Crew, similar. Clutch: TJ Maxx.









- C.C.





2 comments:

  1. Ahhh I love this dress!! And I love your blog!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :) I'm so glad we've both started blogs, cheers to new beginnings!

      Delete