Monday, December 22, 2014

Trim the Tree


I have always been kind of baffled by the fact that black seems to be considered a holiday color, at least in the world of women's fashion. It is dressy and classic, but it is not a very cheerful color! In the past I have always stuck to the reds, greens, silvers, and golds that I associate with holiday time, but I've been slowly coming to accept that black is another great option for holiday-party wear. There is something refined and formal about it, and it looks wonderful with gold accessories. 

I bought this black velvet-detail body-con dress despite the fact that it is way too short on me. In the past I have layered it over a tight black skirt with sheer tights to give the hem a few extra inches (tall girl probz right here), and that little trick works exceedingly well. I decided to try it another way too, tucked into my jeans as a dressy top. My co-workers were surprised to find, upon complimenting my top, that it is actually a dress tucked in! Who would ever know? 

I wanted to wear this outfit with my heeled caramel booties to break up the dark color scheme, but I knew I wouldn't survive in those all day at work. So instead I opted for basic flat black boots, and used the heeled booties as a night-out look!


Dress worn as top: similar 1/2/3. Jeans: Hudson. Belt: H&M. Boots: Steve Madden via DSW. Ring: Gorjana. Bracelet: J. Crew.
Booties: Ralph Lauren via TJMaxx. Bag: Emma Fox via TJMaxx.










xoxo, CC

No comments:

Post a Comment