Thursday, October 27, 2016

Travel Diary, Milano Day 1



Ciao! I just got back from my trip to Milan, and I am so excited to share some of the pictures with you! We spent most of our time exploring around Milan, sightseeing and eating tons of good food. Our first full day was spent walking around Sforza Castle and Simpione Park, as well as discovering that we could not get tickets to see Da Vinci's Last Supper fresco at such last minute notice. However, we did discover a hidden garden at the back of the church, complete with a fountain and cobblestone-paved pathways. I had heard before that Milan is known as the city of hidden gardens, and this seemed to prove true! Many times I could just glimpse some greenery behind the gates of a walled private garden in the city.

Since the weather was chilly I bundled up in layers with my faux leather jacket and a voluminous scarf to combat the chill as we walked around outdoors for most of each day. Comfy boyfriend jeans and cute booties were ideal for hours of walking, and this periwinkle blue sweater (last seen here) added a cozy touch. I kept accessories to a minimum, but topped it all off with this fun colorful scarf to add a pop of pink to the look, and a berry pink lip. Whether in NYC or traveling, jeans, booties and a leather jacket makes the perfect fall outfit for a day of exploring.

Santa Maria delle Grazie, where Da Vinci's Last Supper is on display

Outfit// Sweater: Asos, now on sale! Jacket: Zara. Scarf: Yarnz. Jeans: 7FAM. Booties: Jessica Simpson via DSW. Bag: Rebecca Minkoff. Lipstick: Sephora Rouge Shine No 65 "hot & fun."




Sforza Castle


Michelangelo's Pieta, his last, unfinished sculpture.


Simpione Park





xoxo, CC

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures, what a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful location! love the architecture! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was so stunning! You should definitely visit if you have the chance! I know I will never get tired of seeing gorgeous buildings lol

      Delete
  3. Your blog has piqued a lot of real interest. I can see why since you have done such a good job of making it interesting. I appreciate your efforts very much. Frankfurt bus tours reviews

    ReplyDelete