Thursday, January 26, 2017

Finding Mexico in NYC


Over the weekend I discovered the cutest taco restaurant... the decor and natural lighting make you feel like you're truly on vacation and not in the middle of chilly New York. Anyone who knows me knows I love Mexican food more than just about anything else (with Thai being a close second) and Tacombi served up delicious fresh tacos out of a VW minibus parked in the middle of the restaurant space, along with delectable guacamole and strong margaritas. When you first walk in, the VW bus is the first thing you notice --it's not every restaurant that has a vehicle parked in the middle of their space, retrofitted as a kitchen none the less. Then the casual bright decor sinks in, the metal tables, cement floor, painted walls and white tiled bar lined with bright juice dispensers and real pineapples... I fell in love instantly. 

The decor and the natural light streaming in through several skylights make the space feel truly authentic as though you have been transported somewhere tropical. Everything about it feels bright and fresh with vintage undertones and a laid back vibe. Notice the checkers and backgammon game boards printed of several of the table tops! And the strings on lights! I felt right at home and have to say I certainly plan on heading back soon! They have three locations throughout NYC so I plan on visiting the others as well -- as long as they have bright colorful decor along with the delicious food I'm sure I'll love them just as much!

I've been wanting to share more blog posts like this on places I've tried and liked in NYC, what do you think, should I add a blog series on restaurants and places to try? Let me know if that's something you'd like to see more of! 

Tacombi, 267 Elizabeth St. New York, NY 10012.











xoxo, CC

1 comment:

  1. Great find! I love hearing about fun restaurants to try!

    ReplyDelete