Thursday, March 27, 2014

Over-Packer Extraordinaire!


Fitting my clothes into one little suitcase has always been a struggle for me. To get to Florida I had to take a ton of stuff out of my suitcase just to make it close, and even then the sides were bulging. I was keeping my fingers crossed that they wouldn’t make me measure it at the airport because it was probably a little over the size limit for a carry on! It was tough to eliminate anything from my bag, but there were certain pieces I couldn't wait to wear that took priority, such as this gorgeous blue maxi dress.

Even though I  still managed to wayyyyy over pack and didn’t end up wearing a lot of the things I brought, looking back at the pictures I took it’s a lot easier to see exactly which items came in handy and got a lot of use. Hopefully next time I'll be able to look at this and pack more sensibly! 

Here were my spring break packing essentials: distressed jeans (casual and fashionable, great for the chilly evenings), colored cropped jeans, denim shorts and flip flops to wear to the beach, maxi dress, another cute dress for going out to dinner, denim jacket for the walk home from dinner, light sweater, chambray button down for layering (especially useful on the airplane), stylish sandals, a handful of cute tops, fun sneakers for travelling between climates, a big tote for taking on the plane, a smaller bag for walking around town, and of course snazzy sunglasses!


My favorite warm weather looks to create with this packing list include a simple elegant maxi dress, colored jeans with a flowy top, and classic shorts with a bright tee or tank. I am also excited to try a few crop tops this summer! We'll see how well that goes…I never know quite what to pair them with. What warm weather outfits are you looking forward to wearing? 


Dress: Soft Joie (I got it on sale for less than $40!!) similar on ASOS, Loft, and ModCloth. Sandals: Splendid. Bag: TJ Maxx. Sunglasses: Ruche. Pearl necklace: Dogeared.






-C.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment