Monday, June 16, 2014

Summer Peplum


What is better for summer than an adorable sleeveless peplum top and bright colored jeans? I'll be honest I was very skeptical of the peplum trend for a very long time, but when I tried on this top last summer my mind was changed. It has such nice structure, and a beautiful scooped back. I also love that the stripes change angles as the circular part of the peplum goes around the body. The fabric is super comfy, and I love that the black stripes are a very soft charcoal color so it is not too harsh for summer.

I got these darling shiny silver shoes last summer to go with my bridesmaid dress in a friend's wedding. She asked us to get silver shoes, and I was specifically told I was not allowed to get heels (because I would tower over everyone else in the wedding haha), but I wanted to get something with a slight wedge that I would be able to wear again. These sandals fit the bill. I have worn them many times since the wedding and I love the laser cut details at the heel. They are so unique and yet classic at the same time. 

How lovely is it that the lilacs are blooming! They smell so nice when the breeze blows as I am sitting on my deck. I really love this time of year. 

p.s. I didn't realize until I was uploading these photos that I wore a very similar version of this outfit a few months back, with some more seasonal substitutes. Funny how the combinations we love keep coming back around :)


Peplum top: Tart. Jeans: Joe's Jeans. Shoes: Chocolate Schubar via ModCloth, similar, similar (also love these and these). Bag: Emma Fox via TJ Maxx. Bracelets: Brandy Melville and Kate Spade.








xo, CC


No comments:

Post a Comment