I just tried a new nail art look on my nails, and I'm dying to share it with you all!
This look is inspired by nail designs spotted on the New York Fashion Week runway with a graffiti/abstract brushstroke print. I created this look using a dark navy base with white and metallic silver detail. I think it came out pretty well considering that this is my first attempt! I based my idea off of this tutorial from Cosmo, but I decided to change the color palette and create the look without actually reading the instructions. So daring of me, right? lol
Here's a step-by-step to get the look (if you do feel like reading instructions):
1. After applying a clear basecoat to protect your nails from turning blue (definitely a necessary step when using a dark color!), paint your nails with the navy nail polish and let dry.
2. Taking the white nail polish, dab most of the polish off of the brush so that the brush is nearly dry. Using the nearly dry brush create a few swipes across each nail in a few directions. This will create the rough brushstroke look.
3. Repeat step two using the silver nail polish. Let dry.
4. Look over your nails for any spots that need filling in, but be sure to leave some of the navy showing through as well. Touch up any spots that need it and let dry. Clean up around the edges and cuticles with a polish-remover soaked q-tip.
5. Apply a clear topcoat to seal it all in (I recently started using the Deborah Lippman Addicted to Speed and love it -- it dries so fast), and you're done!
So easy! What do you think of the look? I think next time I would try to do fewer wider brushstrokes for a cleaner look.