Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Pop of Yellow


For some reason, last spring the color neon yellow grabbed my attention and affection, and hasn’t let go. I was afraid, when I bought several neon yellow pieces, that it might be just a fad that I would get sick of, but here I am a year later still sporting my neon yellow. Like orange, it is such a happy color and it brightens up your outfit and even your whole day. I am hopeful that if I start wearing some of my favorite brightly colored spring pieces, maybe the weather will start to cooperate…It is now April after all! 

I love this outfit because it is so easy. Something about a chambray dress is practically an outfit all on its own. All it needs are a few colorful accents, and this is a look I will wear to work and then transition easily to drinks with friends in the evening. The heeled booties and the glittery necklace dress it up, while the opaque tights and braided leather belt keep the look grounded. 

Happy April everyone!


Chambray dress: Gap, similar here, here. Necklace: J. Crew, other yellow necklaces at Forever 21 here, here. Belt: Express, similar at RucheF21. Clutch: was a gift (see below). Booties: Steve Madden at TJ Maxx, similar







Ok, I just spent like an hour looking for clutch bags similar to the one I have pictured here, to no avail, until I ended up on Etsy and discovered several cute styles! None are quite like mine, but I found so many that I like! 
The closest in style to mine: here and here.
Adorable leather fold-over clutches here and here.
Oversized but amazing: here.
Pretty colors and beading: here.
Smaller, cheaper, great pattern: here.

xoxo, C.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment