Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fall Hues


Ok, I'm admitting defeat and letting fall colors seep into my outfits. It's still been warm enough for sandals and skirts most days, but with a bit of a fall crispness to the air that has even the most reluctant of us (me) switching gears towards a fall wardrobe. Even with bare legs and toes the colors in this combination are ones I plan on bringing well into October with me. I've been so excited to wear this olive green skirt, because I just love the way it fits. I've been favoring a-line skirts with movement and twirl to them recently and this one is definitely becoming a staple in my closet. Also it has pockets: we all know how much I love pockets. 

And a word about these shoes: I've had my eye on them all summer but tried to be money-concious so I didn't even let myself try them on. Then I found out I had a credit on Rue La La that was about to expire, so I went on their site and, lo and behold, these sandals were available on sale for $40. What a good day that was!  Happily they've been super comfortable for a day of traversing Central Park. Plus, how perfectly do the sandals and the bag match?!

I tried a few new makeup tips today from the very talented MaskCara blog (if you haven't seen her blog you should really check it out, she does amazing makeovers). What do you think? 


Top: Etam (similar, similar). Skirt: Splendid (striped, similar). Shoes: Franco Sarto via Rue La La. Bag: Ruche (love this one). Necklace: Kate Spade (love this). Earrings: Banana Republic.







xoxo, CC

No comments:

Post a Comment