Monday, September 29, 2014

Chambray for Anything


You know those times when you're going to an event or place you've never been to before and you don't know how dressy or casual you should dress? This was one of those times. My friends and I were going to a late night comedy show, and I really had no idea what was appropriate to wear. Do people get dressed up for these events? Like going-out dressed up, or nice and classy dressed up? Or, is it like a bunch of comedians casually hanging out kind of vibe, in which case I don't want to feel overdressed? 

To try and dress for that anything can be very hard, but I did my best by creating this cute skirt and chambray combination. I ended up loving the result. The skirt can be dressy, with the touch of gold stripes, but I kept it grounded with a causal white tank and chambray tied over it. Thats the beauty of a chambray shirt, they can really go with just about anything, and add a casual touch to skirts and dresses. The long necklace added interest and tied the whole look together. In this outfit, I'm ready for anything! 


Skirt: J. Crew Factory. Tank: Garage (similarsimilar). Chambray: Rails. Necklace: American Eagle. Sandals: DV by Dolce Vita. Bag: Rebecca Minkoff via TJ Maxx. Earrings: Gorjana. Beaded bracelets: my own creation. Lips: BareMinerals, Cherries on Top. 






xoxo, CC

1 comment: