Thursday, September 4, 2014

Break the Rules


We all know you're not supposed to wear white after Labor Day. So I went ahead and wore a white sundress on September 2nd just to show them all that the rules don't matter. It was a whopping 90+ degrees, so being forced to not wear white just because of a silly rule seemed unfair. So why not break the rules!? I'll agree that white is a bit more of a summer color, but as long as the weather feels like summer I'm going to keep wearing it no matter what the date is. 

I got this French Connection dress 50% off after a long love affair waiting for it to go on sale and I've been so excited to find a chance to wear it. A day at the Metropolitan Museum seemed like the perfect venue to show it off. Being in the air conditioned museum was the ideal excursion for a sweltering day, and I could wander for hours through the expansive rooms taking in all of the beautiful and interesting artwork!

What are your thoughts on white after Labor Day? 


Dress: French Connection (available here). Bag: TJ Maxx. Pink bracelet: Kate Spade (similar). Earrings: Etsy. Necklace: Dogeared. Flip flops: Rainbow







xoxo, CC

1 comment: