Thursday, October 9, 2014

Chez Moi


I wanted to share with you today some photos of my apartment now that I am settled in. Before I moved in I spent hours looking at apartment decorating ideas online, so I wanted to share my results with you. Most of the furniture and decor that I've used are things that I already owned, but it is always nice to get some inspiration on how to set up a room, balance decor styles, and maximize space in a small apartment. 

For my bedroom I reused some of my pink college dorm pieces (yes, I was that girl who showed up freshman year with all pink everything), such as the bulletin board, bookshelf, and owl paintings. I wanted to balance out all the pink by using white as a unifying background color and mixing in some blue and teal as well. The mirrored nightstand, white rugs, and white polkadot curtains keep the room airy and light, especially since I don't get any natural sunlight in the room. The antiqued mirrors on my dresser add a more mature aspect to the decor, while some white ceramic trays and another mirror contain my jewelry. I made my own wall-hanging necklace holder as a way to organize and display my statement necklaces, and I am so excited by the way it came out and the way it compliments the room. 


To maximize space I use my bookcase, along with the help of pretty boxes and baskets to store my more presentable belongings, such as books, art supplies, and nail polish, and I got a cute blue rolling cart to contain the less-easy-on-the-eyes items. By the way, I love this bookcase because it is super light weight and easy to transport, and it was so easy to assemble since the pieces are adhesive. My decor style is definitely girly and colorful, with plenty of classic white to balance it out, and touches of elegance and whimsy. 

I am still looking for some wall art to fill the blank wall above my bed which is also directly opposite the door when you walk in. I was thinking something in a mostly white color scheme, maybe with pops of color, or maybe with some 3-dimensionality… Any ideas? 


Bookcase: Way Basic (similar, more options). Bed frame and dresser: Ikea Malm collection. Faux sheepskin rug: Ikea. Rolling cart: Ikea. Polkadot baskets: Target (similar). Lamp: Target. Mirrored table: Target (available here for more than I spent). Decorative pillows: Pier 1 Imports (similar, similar). Quilt: The Company Store (love this one). Jewelry dish, bulletin board and storage boxes: TJ Maxx. Curtains: Ikea









xoxo, CC

No comments:

Post a Comment