Monday, October 6, 2014

Business Savvy


I've  had a few interviews in the past weeks, and dressing appropriately is a must for a good first impression. Equally important to us fashionistas is also dressing fun and not losing your sense of style to the business world. I feel like this also helps you stand out from the crowd a little among other interview candidates. I got several compliments on my necklace when I wore this outfit to an interview, which helps ease the conversation and also makes a memorable impression on the employer. Ah, the power of a statement necklace!  

My advice for dressing professionally is to of course follow the rules of skirt lengths and appropriate wear (blazers, slacks, button downs, etc.), but then to compliment it with pretty accessories, like jewelry, a bag, and shoes. I put on a work worthy dress, added a blazer and flats and topped it all off with a fun necklace, and Mindy Kaling's favorite, the "demure ponytail."And voila, even us creative types can get by in the world of dress codes.


Dress: H&M (similar, similar). Blazer: Urban Outfitters. Necklace: Saks Off Fifth. Bag: Ruche (similar, similar). Earrings: Banana Republic. Shoes: J. Crew Factory. Lips: Tarte, Golden Pink.

And p.s. I did land a job, and I don't even have to dress business-like for work!





xoxo, CC

No comments:

Post a Comment