Thursday, August 14, 2014

Birds Of A Feather


Why is it that everything is more fun in the summer? People seem to be happier this time of year and life is easier when the weather is warm and cooperative... A friend and I took some time this week to enjoy that ease and do a little local exploring. That included a cheese, wine and maple syrup tasting, perusing cute local shops and a delicious dinner sitting outdoors. For a casual Sunday outing this bird dress supplied just the look with its pale peach hue and cheery bird print. The vintage belt, from my grandmother, compliments the silhouette and the metallic shoes enhance the girly color scheme. It was funny that on the day I chose to wear this belt (I don't wear it often because it is tight!) we happened to spend some time exploring in a vintage clothing shop! 

This dress is so easy to wear during the summer, but it also transitions between seasons easily since the color is so versatile. You may have seen this dress on Pinterest styled with a jacket and booties, and it would also be adorable with tights and a chunky fall scarf, and I've worn it similarly layered up as well. (I love when I see things I own on Pinterest, don't you?!)


Dress: H&M (available here). Belt: Vintage. Shoes: Poetic Licence (and here). Bag: Kate Spade. Jean Jacket: Gap. Earrings and pink leather bracelet: Gorjana. Necklace: Dogeared







xoxo, CC

No comments:

Post a Comment