Thursday, August 28, 2014

Skyline


This weekend I got to explore more of the city with some friends, and we ventured down to Brooklyn for the weekly Smorgasburg food fest. There is an incredible selection of delicious food available there, not to mention the stellar view of the New York skyline, which seemed like a great spot to take some pictures! I sampled a strawberry champagne flavored macaron, had a chicken burger for my main meal, and topped it all off with an amazing ice cream sandwich. Yum yum! And we made it back to the subway just before the downpour! (you can see the angry sky in a few of these shots).

For this casual weekend outing with a lot of walking involved I slipped on this easy printed dress and some bright pink sneakers. Sneakers and skirts is a combination I am just getting used to, but I think it'll be an essential one for walking in the city without sacrificing style. I love the way these sneakers bring out the pink in the feather print on the dress while also making the outfit undeniably comfy-casual.

Stay tuned for more of my adventures in the city, and the outfits that take me there! 


Dress: Target (similar, feather print). Sneakers: Keds. Bag: TJ Maxx. Earrings: Gorjana. Bracelet: Zulu Grass.








xoxo, CC

No comments:

Post a Comment