Monday, August 4, 2014

Summer Orange Dress


This week marks 6 months since I started this blog! I've been enjoying this venture thoroughly, and have learned a lot already--thank you to all who've been reading along! To commemorate this first milestone, a post featuring my namesake dress seemed fitting.
This dress is actually the one that started my obsession with orange dresses. I've had this dress forever it seems (I bought it back in high school on a trip to Montreal with my mom), and I never get tired of it. It is really one of the very few items in my closet that have stayed that beloved for that long, through many changes of style and many closet-purges. The bubble hem is what originally sold me on the dress (back when those were first popular), as well as the unexpected realization that orange was a beautiful color on me. And then the silhouette, spaghetti straps, and tie back have kept its summertime favorite status. 

After a long hot day today I walked down to the lake to cool off by wading in the water, only to get sprinkled on by a little rain. But, I can't complain because it felt nice and cooling. It felt good to take off my shoes and unwind a little bit by the water. Since this dress is bold all on its own I added minimal yet still dramatic jewelry to compliment its vibe. Instead of trying to contrast or match with the statement necklace I again tried following the advice that orange and pink look nice together, and I'd agree, they sure do!


Dress: Bedo (love this and this!). Sandals: Sam Edelman. Earrings Kate Spade. Necklace: similar, similar








xoxo, CC

No comments:

Post a Comment