Thursday, December 3, 2015

Printed Winter


I find that in the fall and winter my wardrobe tends to get a little drab in terms of colors and I end up wearing a lot of solids in greys, blacks, blues, and whites. It's so noticeable when I put away my summery dresses and bring out the warmer pieces how much darker the closet looks! I am therefore always on the lookout for cute printed pieces for winter, especially if it adds a little color to my wardrobe.  When I found this top on sale at Anthropologie this fall it seemed like a perfect fit. The print uses plenty of black for pairing with dark jeans and jackets but still has bright fall colors like orange and green to give a little pop. The floral print is festive and multi-seasonal, while details like the trim at the neckline and longer sleeves make it a perfect fall piece. Adding OTK boots and a moto jacket leave no doubts about this top's ability to transition seasons easily.

Anthro is seriously such a dangerous store for me... no one should ever let me in there without first confiscating my wallet so I am forced to leave empty handed! I wish I could buy half the store every time I go in there. Shopping the sale rack makes me feel at least a little bit better about my choices, but seriously, I am not allowing myself back in there for a very long time now! Just a few of my other favorites in the store included this gold polkadot skirt, fun ombre sweater, and adorable zodiac pouches.


Top: Anthropologie (similar 1/2). Jeans: J brand. Boots: Sam Edelman (similar). Jacket: Zara. Earrings: Gorjana. Clutch: Rebecca Minkoff. Lip: Lipstick Queen 'Frog Prince' (see my review post here).






xoxo CC

No comments:

Post a Comment