Thursday, January 29, 2015

Vacation Dreaming with Warby Parker

(Daisy in Aurelia Tortoise)

Just a few days ago I happened to be thinking about how a cute pair of glasses can add such a smarty chic edge to an outfit, and wouldn't it be fun to have a pair of stylish glasses to wear even though I don't need them? And wouldn't you know, almost as if they were reading my mind, Warby Parker reached out to me and asked if I would help them announce their new Spring Collection. 

One of my best friends introduced me to Warby Parker as a company that really inspired her with their program of helping those in need: for each pair of glasses sold they donate glasses to someone in need through their non-profit partners. Not only are they a socially conscious company, they make some pretty cute styles too! 

(Brooks in Striped Pacific)

The Spring Collection is full of pretty new hues and touches of nautical inspiration. I put together two looks featuring my favorite new Warby Parker frames: a tropical vacation look (because don't we all want to be somewhere warm right about now), and a New York dreamer look, for those of us who are still stuck in the snow only wishing we could be on a beach by the sea.

I keep seeing images of my favorite bloggers and celebs basking in the sun on a tropical vacation, and it has me longing for warm afternoons by the beach. This look would be perfect for a day in the sun, with the flowy dress, sandy brown glasses, and ocean-blue accessories. The Chalmer glasses in Striped Beach pick up on the sandy hues of the mottled beach, and are the perfect pair to pack on vacation. The light brown shade matches with golden hues and looks fabulous accented with tropical blues and greens. Pretty sandals, a carry-all tote and a pretty little camera to capture the view complete the vacation packing list.

Warby Parker Chalmer- Tropical Vacation



For a more practical winter look I combined classic New York black on black with distressed skinny jeans and a cropped knit sweater. To keep warm, and mix up the color tones a bit, I added a long cozy blush-colored coat with a glamorous fur collar. I picked the Daisy frames in Aurelia Tortoise to add a little unexpected color to the cold winter outfits we're forced to wear here in the North. The pretty coral-inspired periwinkle hue is complimented in the matching clutch, which also picks up on the rosy tones in the frames (and I seriously can't get enough of this clutch). Gold jewels and stylish booties complete this look, while the bright touches and nautical accessories keep our minds dreaming of clear water beaches and warmer weather.

Warby Parker Daisy- New York Dreamer

Glasses: Warby Parker, Daisy. Coat: Asos. Jeans: A Gold E. Sweater: Azalea (also love this UO). Clutch: Asos. Bracelets: J. CrewKate Spade. Ring: Baublebar. Earrings: One King's Lane. Booties: Eric Michael Berlin via Zappos.

(Chalmer in Striped Beach)

xoxo, CC

1 comment: